Thursday, December 30, 2010

Life in Lille-Part10

I was a bad boy when I stayed in Lille.

One night after came back from Brussels, I took a night train from the Gare de Lille. At the time, I entered the station without buying the ticket because I did several times as other Lillois.

The jackpot had hit to me. When I was approaching the second-to-last targeted station, the officials flew into the train to check the train ticket. Of course, I was a pirate, no ticket in my pocket.

When one official walked to me, and said 'Please show your ticket please'. I pretended to rummage into my pockets and purse and replied him back I lost it somewhere.

He didn't believe it and invited me to go outside the train. The negotiation and drama started.

I tried to pretend once more that I actually had it but lost. I showed all used tickets I had but no better impact.

He eventually decided to offer the highest fine rate to me. But I asked him about another rate which was lower around 10-15 euro.

We talked rather long and ended with paying fine in the moderate severity, not highest. Maybe he had little mercy when he saw my used tickets that indicated I did not do like this very often.

Anyway, thanks to him and this experience, I was sad. On the other hand, that taught me, you had to be a good man in every place where you are. Otherwise, counter bad effect will destroy and attack you.

Will never do it.

No comments: