Monday, May 23, 2011

Life in Lille-Part 11

There is one person I will remember him forever. Unfortunately, I couldn't recall his name and I also lost his namecard.

I still recognized that day clearly. The day that I had to go to Netherlands to meet my Mom. I thought I already planed journey rather well but things are always not easy. The unpredictable hinder was interrupted me to reach up Lille Gare de Frandres. From my dorm, in general, I would take a subway to the station, nonetheless, that day- May 1st, the Labour Day, all subway services had been suspended unconventionally according to my past experience.

I felt very nervous and frighted to not able to meet the departure time. One solution was to call a cab. Haha, but here is Europe, we had to get on at Taxi station, not from anywhere. The last choice I opted for was Hitchhike. So shy but no alternative. I lifted up my hands and signaled to stop the car and ask them to pick me up. One passed, two passed, five passed, nobody was unwilling to stop his/her car to listen my trouble.

I walked along the street without aimlessness. And thanks Gods, I found the silver light after the rain! I saw someone was parking the car. I rushed up to that car and told my situation to the car owner. Of course, I spoke in French! whether he could understand, I believed my face and body language could help me to express my distress.

Finally, he accepted to send me to the station. Thank you, my god.

In the car, we talked about the red shirts demonstrating in Thailand at that time. I was very proud that I could explain such delicate incident to the foreigner and he got it. Coincidentally, he has been dealing business with Thai people. His business is involved to the decorative household products, i.e. lamps, handcraft decorative objects. Before getting off his car, he handed over his namecard to me, and hoped me to contact him somehow. I said, yes I will.

I could caught up my train and met my mom as desired. But I missed one tremendous thing. I forgot my grateful man's name who helped me by no want of return.

This was my unforgettable mistake. Anyway, his generous kindness is still in my heart always! Wish to see him again. Thank you, Monsieur. ^^

No comments: